Scutellaria lateriflora or scullcap is a herb with calming and sedative properties. The plant is native to the United States but nowadays can be found throughout Europe. Scutellaria baicalensis or Chinese scullcap is a related species, native to East Asia and parts of Russia. Scullcap is mainly used as a nerve tonic that encourages a more balanced emotional state. Scullcap can be added to a joint or vaporised. A cup of scullcap tea contributes to a deep and restful sleep. Recent studies suggest that scullcap may be a useful aid in protecting the body against numerous health problems. The main active ingredients in scullcap are scutellarin, baicalin, and apigenin.
- Scullcap produces a subtle marijuana-like high.
- This herbal sedative has a soothing, calming and relaxing effect.
- Natural sleep aid.
- Prepare as a tea. Steep the contents of the bag in 500ml of hot, but not boiling, water for 20 minutes.
- Vaporise or add 0.5-1 gram to a joint.
- 25 grams. Cut plant material.
Not for sale to minors. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, may become pregnant, are breastfeeding or taking any prescription drug, consult your doctor before using this product. May cause drowsiness. Do not participate in traffic or operate heavy machinery. Do not use if taking medication. If in doubt, consult your doctor or pharmacist. This product and statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.